Sunday, September 10, 2006

Rocky Top Tennessee


Jason and I were privileged enough to receive free tickets to Tennessee's football game Saturday night. I was ecstatic! The last Tennessee football game that I went to was back in 2001 (Tennessee vs. Florida). I always enjoy getting to head up to East Tennessee and be surrounded by so many Tennessee fans (especially since we now live in Alabama). Jason and I met up with some great friends from high school and college. We had great seats and enjoyed every moment.

I was able to soak up every moment of the game (no kids). Air Force was a tough team. I have never seen an offense like the one that they had. They never gave up. Anytime they got the ball, they added points to their score. The last few minutes were nerve wracking, but we were able to come out on top.

I had so much fun with Jason and our friends! I can hardly wait to take Joshua and Abby Kate to their first University of Tennessee football game!

7 comments:

Jason said...

I love the picture. It was great being at the game with so many fans all decked out in orange. We tried to find a way to lose, but thankfully we pulled it out there at the end. I had a lot of fun at the game. We'll be back in two weeks! I can't wait.

laura said...

Wow, what a game. I was listening as we were having a ladies weekend with my aunts in Nashville this weekend. It was a nailbiter. I am glad they pulled it out though. I am glad youall got to go. It is so exciting. The first game we took May too we were so excited and it was Peyton's last game. She fell asleep during the walk with the band blaring and the players walking by. Then she slept through the whole game. She was 5 or 6 but we still tease her about it. Go VOLS!!

Jamey said...

It's always fun when you get to go to a game to have your team come out on top!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

glad you had fun! it looks like you did! good for you having a date! i know you cant wait to take your kids..im already about to take aiden to a game..ok maybe in a few more years..but im on the verge this fall.

Kenny Simpson said...

Glad you had fun. I am an AF fan so I was glad they hung tough and made it a fun game to watch.

Jason said...

I just knew we were going to lose when they went for two. They're anything but a pushover team.

Sunny, we still need to get you a gaudy orange shirt to wear to the games!

TARA said...

Glad you two got to go to the game. Sounds like you had a fine weekend!