Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Georgia Wildfires = Asthmatic Bronchitis

Unfortunately, I woke up last Thursday morning with a really bad sore throat. On Friday, I really did not feel all that well and ended up being worked in at the doctor's office. He quickly identified that I was actually having trouble breathing. Apparently all of the smoke from the Georgia Wildfires had somehow caused my chest wall to become inflamed, making it difficult to breathe. I was given a breathing treatment, a prescription for 2 inhalers, and a prescription for an antibiotic.

On Saturday, it was pretty much the same thing, only I ended up with a slight fever and chills. We called my OB since one of the "call me anytime this happens" was a fever with chills. He ordered me to go to the ER and get checked out. We dropped the kids off at our friend's house and headed over to the ER. It took forever! Everything checked out okay and I was given another breathing treatment and some pain medication for the night. I slept very well that night (which was a relief, since the previous night I was up every hour).

I went back to the doctor today and was given another breathing treatment, along with a lovely and very painful shot. On Wednesday, I will have to begin a Prednisone treatment for a week. They also set me up with a home breathing machine. My doctor is afraid that I might actually have asthma (something that we will have to look into after the birth of the baby).

I already feel so much better this evening. I have taken 4 breathing treatments, a shot, an inhaler and 2 antibiotics. Hopefully this will all be under control by next week.

3 comments:

mom23 said...

Girl, if your body isn't conspiring against you then of course nature picks up the slack! This is awful! I am so sorry you are dealing with all this and hope that the medicine will continue to provide some comfort to you during these last few days. Thank God for good friends, good docs, and good meds!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Good grief!!! As if you didn't have enough to deal with. Hope you're feeling better soon! I will be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have to deal with this at the end of pregnancy! Get well soon!