Thursday, October 07, 2010

Sneaky Sleeping Swimmers

Over Labor Day weekend, our crew of 5 headed up to Nashville for some family celebrations. We surprised my mom with a birthday party after spending the afternoon at a baby shower for my cousin and his wife. After we all had some cake and we were getting ready for our ride home, I saw Jackson climbing up on the counter. I did what any good mother would do and I got my camera and began snapping pictures of my little guy.





The kids were exhausted from the excitement of the day. I always get a good laugh out of seeing the way our kids fall asleep. They looked so uncomfortable, but were so tired that they slept the whole way home.






Jason was preaching on Sunday, so we drove back up to Nashville on Monday to spend the day with family. We were so excited to swim one last time out at Aunt Pam's house. This was the first time that I actually got in the pool water since my surgery. The wind was really chilly, but we enjoyed our time out at the pool. The kids have come so far this summer in their swimming. I know that they had a lot of time to practice while they stayed with my parents after my surgery. I am amazed that our babies can now swim and jump into the pool all by themselves.








And of course, Joshua always gets so cold when swimming. I always seem to find him bundled up in a towel by the pool....

No comments: