Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Potty Training Day 1

Well, the potty training has begun! Joshua decided last night that he wanted to wear his "Cars" underwear (pull-ups)! He did really well in them and had just one accident. Before bed, we put a diaper on him and when he woke up this morning he immediately asked to go potty and to wear his "big boy underwear". He is so proud of himself and is trying so hard. He stayed dry all morning long and had one accident right before nap time. Joshua is down for his nap in a diaper and I am sure that when he wakes up he will be asking for his underwear. I know that we have a long road ahead of us, but I am very proud of my little guy.

Now, I only need to find him some "real" underwear that will stay up. He still only weighs 21 pounds!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Joshua! It is yet another adventure in your life. Enjoy. Let me know when you find 'real' underwear that fits him. Isaiah is only 23lbs.
Still praying for you and your family. Hope you are feeling well. Excited for you and your new house. You are having many new adventures. God is Awesome.

Anonymous said...

That's great! I'm so glad Joshua is wanting to be a big boy. Keep up the good work!

Jason said...

That's my boy!!!

Jamey said...

I'm so happy for him! When it comes to potty training, I've ignored others' advice to go ahead and start with Avery. She always says, "poo poo on bottom" while grabbing her bottom when she's dirty. A few weeks ago she started saying it, but would not be dirty. Then about a minute later she would be dirty. This was consistent for about two weeks so I bought a little potty for her.

I'm still not trying, but two days ago she started running down the hall to the bathroom saying, "need potty!" I put her on the potty and she "pee pee in potty" (in her own words.)

She hasn't done it since and mainly just likes to sit down, stand up, sit down, etc. before and after bathtime. Maybe if I wait long enough, she'll do it herself!

Sunny said...

Jamey, I so agree with you about not pushing the issue. Today Joshua has not shown any interest in the potty and I have not even brought it up. I think that when they are ready, they will do it. I don't want to push it because I think that would lead to a lot of frustration from the both of us and a ton of accidents.

Joshua says "I make yellow in the potty". I think that's pretty funny, especially when we are out in a public place and he gets excited for me going "yellow in the potty". He lets the whole bathroom know what I just did.

Jamey said...

Too funny, Sunny!

I've also heard if you push them too early they are more prone to have bed wetting problems even in their older (8,9,10) years.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

awe! way to go joshua!

Hope you are still feeling well. ;)

mom23 said...

Chiming in late but wanted to add that I'm so proud of him!