Sunday, June 25, 2006

Double Stuf

I finally decided to join the blogging world. As you know, Jason, my wonderful husband, bought me a computer for my birthday. Not only did he spring for a computer, he got me connected to the wide world of interneting. I guess that I was running out of things to do while on the internet, so I got this wild hair to create my very own blog.

As many of you know, I am a stay at home mom to my twins, Abby Kate and Joshua. They will turn 2 in about 2 weeks!
Ah!!! Two 2 year olds!!! Most of my blogs will be about these two little ones.

So I decided to call my blog Double Stuf. I went through a couple of name ideas before deciding. I tossed around Two Peas in a Pod and The Twin Diaries, but those just didn't do it for me. Why did I settle on Double Stuf? After dinner tonight, Jason and I were discussing some of my blog name ideas over some Double Stuf Oreos...

...when it dawned on me that my life has been "Double Stuffed" over the last two years. For two years now, we've done two of everything. Two babies. Two nurseries. Two baby beds. Two highchairs. Two car seats. Double the dirty diapers. Double the colic. Double the crying. Double the spit ups. Double the tantrums.

But just like Double Stuf Oreos, things are better when doubled. Sure, it's been hard at times, but it's also been double the fun. I've had double the love, double the laughs, double the kisses, double the hugs, and double the joy. Sometimes people see our family at the mall or somewhere and they'll say, "Oh, double trouble!" (Don't get me started on the silly things people say when they see that we have twins. That's a whole different blog!!!) I feel like correcting them and saying, "No, double blessings!" Our lives are so full with these two little ones. We know we've been blessed.

So that's the title of my blog page. I hope that you all will join me as I begin this new blogging adventure!

10 comments:

Jason said...

I'm your first comment! Whoo-hoo!

I'm glad you've joined the blogging world. I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do. I'm sure you'll have plenty to blog about as you spend each day wrestling with our little ones. That is, if you have time to blog! You're the greatest, baby.

Jason said...

I'm sure your blog will always be an interesting read. I'm positive the kids will give you plenty of blogging fodder. I just hope you have time to blog! Just kidding. I know this will be another cool way to develop community with others. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Welcome to the blogsphere!

Jamey said...

Alright, if Sunny has a blog, I think I'm about to succumb to peer pressure and join in!

Since we've been here in smokin' hot country, I've noticed that everyone I meet asks if I have a blog. Little, naive me says, "a blog? I've heard of it, but haven't grasped the idea."

Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on joining the blogworld, Sunny! I'm glad you'll be providing some perspective to the Bybee life other than the man-world that Jason's got on his blog. I look forward to reading more...

Lucy P.

Jason said...

Man-world?

Sunny has a blog for like one day and you comment more on her page than you ever have on mine. Who's performing your wedding, again?

Sunny said...

Jamey, you should create a blog. I am so excited about this one. It is a lot of fun. Hope things cool down there in Montgomery. I checked out Ashley's blog the other day. Good reads. Oh, and I saw a picture of you guys on Jamin's blog. We miss you. Have a great day!

Sunny said...

Hey now Jason, this is my blog, you better play nice. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Jason--you may be performing the ceremony, but Sunny's bringing in the flower-girl and ringbearer...her two trumps your one.

For the record...I'm pretty sure I posted on Jason's blog at least 3 times. Sunny, I hope you'll write a dramatic account of the week of the air-conditioning gods' anger! -LP

mom23 said...

Hooray! I am so so thrilled that you are blogging! I look forward to the stories and the PICTURES and the updates to those two babies. Its so weird that I love them so much and have never even met them.

My very warmest welcome to the blogworld!

Jamey said...

Well, Sunny, You've gotten me addicted. I checked out Ashley's blog today for the first time. She's mentioned it to me since I met her, and I'm sorry I just now looked. So, thanks for the inspiration..I now have a blog of my very own.