Thursday, June 29, 2006

Number 8 – Book, Momma, Read Book

I love to watch my children look at books. From an early age, Jason and I have read books to them. They are so fascinated with all of the pictures and colors. I treasure each opportunity to snuggle up on the couch and read with them.


Joshua has always been a book lover. He is always bringing us a book to read to him. He patiently asks, “Book, momma, read book.” He especially enjoys the books that have pictures of balls. At the end of the day, every book has been read at least twice.


Abby Kate really gets involved in reading. She loves to turn the pages (sometimes a little too fast, so, we have to speed read) and point out all the objects in the book for me to say aloud. She will bring me a book and hand it to me saying, “Book.” She will then pat my leg until I put her in my lap.

Here’s a list of some of Abby Kate’s and Joshua’s favorite books.
Giggles with Daddy, Kisses for Mommy, Good Night Moon, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Peek a Who?, One Little Duck, Moo, Baa, LaLaLa, God Made You, Ten Little Ladybugs, Maisy’s Colors, Little One, God Loves You, Colors (A Razzle Dazzle Book), Happy Baby Animals, (Touch & Feel) Baseball, My World of Animals, ABC and the Ten Little Monkeys

What books do your little ones like to have read to them?

5 comments:

Jason said...

It makes me proud that our kids enjoy reading so much. It reminds me of when I was a kid. My mom used to take me to the library in the summer time and we'd spend a couple hours there, picking out books. I hope our kids continue to enjoy reading. I think part of their love of books is due to your refusal to turn on the TV during the day and park them in front of it. Keep up the good work.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Aiden just likes to turn the pages and pretty much ignore me, so we're not to that point yet, but he still enjoys it when I read, period. One of my personal all time favorite books is Pat the Bunny, for small children and when I was a little older, I remember a little golden book called Panda Bear's Paint Box. i have it somewhere. Anyway, they are now going for 60 smackeroos on Ebay!

TARA said...

I miss the boys being small enough to cudddle. Ethan's favorites were WHERE THE WILD THING ARE and FALLING UP... Micah's was CHARLIE THE CATAPILLAR, Hope's is MY BIG GREEN POCKETBOOK. So many good books, so little time.....

mom23 said...

What a great post! I love book lovers! Chloe loves books and has a new interest in chapter books. Cassie has never been much of a reader (yet!). And its still too early to tell with Shayla.

Some of our favorites:
-anything Eric Carl
-Anything Debi Gliori (Especially 'No Matter What')
- If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura J Numeroff
-Time For Bed by Mem Fox

Sunny said...

Jason, thanks for the comment. I know that their love of books makes you so proud.
Ashley, I never got around to Pat the Bunny, but I really wish that I did. I think that my kids are probably too old for it now. The Golden Books... the memories. $60 - I wonder if I still have mine!
Tara, welcome to the blog. I really treasure my moments of cuddling. I know that this will pass away too quickly.
Tracy, I'll have to check out Debi Gliori. I can not believe that Chloe is already into the chapter books!