Thursday, November 09, 2006

Am I Not Worthy?

So, Jason called me last night to let me know that he saw Nicholas Sparks at Davis Kidd Bookstore in Nashville. That's right - Nicholas Sparks in person! He was there signing autographs for his newest book. Jason told me that he was going to get me an autographed copy, but chose not to.

The reasons...

1. He would have had to buy me another copy of the book (I still have my receipt from Books-A-Million).

2. The line was really long. He said that he would have been in group number 13. Each group had 25 people in it already.

3. He was hungry.

I must say, I was a bit disappointed! Nicholas Sparks is only my favorite author of all time! What are the chances of me ever getting the guy's autograph?

11 comments:

Jason said...

To answer your question, Yes you are worthy.

I was pretty hungry, though....

Sunny said...

Hunger...Nicholas Sparks autograph for the love of your life!

Jason said...

For what it's worth, I called over there to see if they had any extra copies. They don't.

Now I feel even more guilty. Sigh.

Sunny said...

I'm just giving you a hard time. That was sweet of you to call though.

Jamey said...

Wow, Jason; here we were thinking that you were super husband...looks like you've slipped a few rungs on the ladder.

:)

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of April's. She wore my tiara at her wedding.

I'd love to talk to you. Email me.

Suzie

Jason said...

I know, my reptuation as a great husband is being marred here! I guess it was only a matter of time before the truth came out!

Maybe I can find one on Ebay.....

Sunny said...

Suzie,
Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to email you, but I need an address.

Sunny said...

Jason, don't worry about the book. You'd pay too much for it online. How about some Dixie Chicks concert tickets!

Anonymous said...

Jason, here's a thought: buy the book and sign Spark's name to it. Then give it to Sunny.

She'll never know.

Man, I hope she doesn't read this. :D

Sunny said...

Very funny Scott!