Sunday, November 19, 2006

Bye Bye Pacies; Hello Andy

Tonight Jason and I made it official. Our house is finally rid of all pacies! We got rid of Joshua's pacies a few months ago. One afternoon when I went to lay Joshua down for his nap, I noticed that he had chewed quite a few bits and pieces out of his treasured pacy. I quickly pulled on what was left and off it popped. Joshua tried taking his pacy, but no longer liked it because it did not work. We ended up throwing it in the trash and Joshua talked about his pacy for weeks. "My pacy broken. It's in the trash. Pacy bye bye." Needless to say, Joshua has not missed his pacy and seems to be doing fine without one.

Abby Kate, on the other hand, would be a different story. We have dreaded taking away her pacy, but knew that the time was quickly approaching. Jason and I talked on the way home from church this morning about doing it after Thanksgiving, since we would be traveling and the pacy might actually bring a sense of security. For some reason, I decided just a few minutes ago that tonight would be the night. I hid all of her other pacies and took one to the kitchen to cut. I brought it back to Abby Kate and she did not like her new pacy. It took a little longer to get her calmed down, but she eventually went to sleep. Without her pacy! I know that the next few days and possibly weeks will be a little more challenging, but the pacies are gone!

On another note, we have decided to keep our cocker spaniel of 6 years, Andy! There had been much talk and deliberation about getting rid of Andy. I could not let him go to the pound and finding someone just right would have been exhausting. For now, we are keeping him. Andy is very excited to be back in the house and playing with the kids. He really is a good dog and he is great with the kids!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Last night wasn't as bad as I thought. AK just woke up a few times the first 30 minutes or so. I thought she'd wake up a lot more without her pacy. Maybe we're in luck!

Sunny said...

We will see how the nap goes this afternoon!

Jamey said...

Why were you going to get rid of Andy? Glad he gets to stay for now.

Sunny said...

Jamey - we decided to get rid of Andy because sometimes its just so much work! We thought that it might be easier on us if there was one less mammal to worry about. I'm happy to say that he is back from exile and is the sweetest thing. I think that he is trying to be extra good.