Sunday, November 05, 2006

Musicals, New Books and Christmas Music

This weekend Jason attended the Junior High Fall Retreat. I stayed home and kept the kids. A good friend of mine had invited me to see the musical Hairspray on Saturday night. I was thrilled and asked my parents to come down to keep the kids. I met my friend for dinner and then we headed over to the VBC for Hairspray. I had so much fun! I always love going to the theater. When Jason and I lived in Kingsport, we bought a season pass to the Barter Theater in Abingdon, Virginia. We really enjoyed getting all dressed up and going to dinner and to see a play.

For those of you that do not know, I not only enjoy going to see the plays, but I enjoy being in them! In high school, I was in about 9 plays. When Jason and I lived in Kingsport, I decided to try out for a role in The Wizard of Oz at the Bristol Theater. I received the part of Glenda, The Good Witch. I performed in front of over 9,000 people (not all at the same time). Since we moved to Huntsville, I have performed in one play, My Fair Lady. My role was very small, but it was fun!

My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. I have read all of his books and am always anxiously awaiting his next. Jason bought his latest, Dear John for me this week. I plan on curling up and reading my book this week. I have found that I have to pace myself in his books. If not, I will read the entire book in one sitting and then find myself waiting for another 6 months for one more book.


Many of you know that my favorite time of the year is Christmas. I usually pull out the Christmas music in October, but I ended up waiting until November this year. So far, I have played Amy Grant's Christmas album. I have plenty of time to cycle through all of my Christmas tunes.

4 comments:

Jason said...

I hope you enjoy the book. Try and pace yourself.

And yes, let the record reflect that Sunny actually waited until November to get out her Christmas music this year. Because of you, I'm also a Christmas music junkie!

Jamey said...

There is nothing wrong with early Christmas music! I'm so glad to find others who feel the same way.

I too like Nicholas Sparks, but I do find that they are easy to read quickly and in one setting.

Kenny Simpson said...

I LOVE Christmas music. We need to get ours out.

Anonymous said...

you threw me for a loop with the new format!!!