Saturday, March 08, 2008

Our First Snow Day

Today, we all woke up to a beautiful snow. This was the first snow for all 3 of my kids. It seems that anytime we get a snow, it is either not enough to go out and see or we are out of town. I captured a few pictures of us enjoying the snow this morning.

Joshua had fun making snow balls with Jason. He also "tried" the snow and did not really care for it too much!


Jackson loved being outside in the snow!


My boys!


Joshua and Abby Kate trying to keep me warm!


Such fun having twins!


We found more snow in the bed of Jason's truck.


Abby Kate loved eating the snow!


Jackson was worn out after having such fun in the snow!




The story of Snow Duck

This was supposed to be a snowman, but when Jason put the carrot nose on, he turned out looking more like a duck. Thus, "Snow Duck" was born!


"Daddy, I thought he was supposed to be a snow man, not a duck!" Nevertheless, the kids soon warmed up to "Snow Duck". Can't you tell how much we love our new friend?


"Here, let's set him on the side of the truck for another picture," Daddy said.


"Oh, no! Our poor little Snow Duck!"


Snow Duck, Version 2.0
Snow Duck Lives!

5 comments:

Jamey said...

Too funny! We'll be sure to look for Snow Duck 3.0 coming soon!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ya'll are hilarious. its so funny to me how excited us southerners get over a few white patches! glad they got to play in it!

Amy S. Grant said...

That Jason! He's pretty creative. Next snow we'll have to make us one of those snow ducks, it seems like we never get enough for a snowman.

I love the new look of your blog. It seems like I tried to leave a comment the other day about that, but Blogger wouldn't let me.

chesley said...

So glad you guys got some white stuff too!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Cute pictures! Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun in the snow. :) I was sad that Ben wasn't here for it, but it turned out ok since we didn't get too much. That's a pitiful little snowman...I have to say. Ha!