Monday, January 15, 2007

Am I The Only One...

Have you recently noticed how rude people are? I am not talking about your every day person that you pass, but the people that work in the restaurant business or in the stores that you frequent. Here lately I have been treated very rudely by serveral employees at restaurants or grocery stores.

One night awhile back Jason and I took the kids to Backyard Burgers and after everyone was seated at the table, I proceeded to the cashier to place my order. I stood there staring at the girl behind the counter as she stared back blankly. I was patiently waiting for her to welcome me to her restaurant and ask to take my order. Neither thing happened and I placed my order and waited for our food. RUDE

The other night I was on my way home and decided to pull into Wendy's for a frosty. I placed my order at the drive thru and when I pulled up to the window a hand was thrust out of the window and a frosty placed in my hand. No "how are you, here you go, thank you very much"! RUDE

Someone at the grocery store asks you how you are and you kindly reply, "Fine and how are you?". NOTHING but silence! RUDE

Whatever happened to people being freindly and employees valuing their customers?

2 comments:

laura said...

Sunny, this is such a pet peeve with me. I almost posted this on my blog but decided I was overkilling it. I am so glad you mentioned it. I think I will post it. Kent blames computers. Preach on my sister.

Unknown said...

I gotta go with Kent. There is a lack of interaction among people. Social skills aren't taught anymore.

When I worked at O'Reilly's my biggest peeve was talking on your cellphone while I am trying to help you. I got so fed up that if the person would start to talk on their phone I simply stopped helping them and walked to the next computer to help another person.

The laws of today have empowered the students to be as disrespectful as they want to their teachers which spreads to everyone else in society as well.