Monday, January 01, 2007

My New Year

Resolution - A firm decision to do or not to do something.

At the end of 2005, I decided to make my New Year's Resolutions for 2006. I decided to...

1. Lose 40 pounds.

2. To cut out all coke products.

3. Walk one mile every day.

4. Watch my portions by eating off of a salad plate.

5. Snack on non-fat foods.

I must confess, I was very pleased with my commitment to my goals. By April, I had lost 20 pounds. I made it to week 30 before I quit walking. (I am still proud of the 202 miles that I walked in 2006). I have still not had a coke and don't plan on having one anytime soon. The only goal that I did not really keep was snacking on non-fat foods. I love chocolate and having it around the house did not help. I had fun with my Resolutions for 2006.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today on our way home from Nashville, I got to thinking about this new year. I had not decided to make any resolutions for 2007, but I thought of a couple.

My 2007 New Year's Resolutions

1. To go out on 2 dates a month with my husband.

2. To camp (in a tent) for one night with my family.

I am sure that these sound silly, but here's what I was thinking when I made them.

On Saturday, Jason and I had the privelege of going out while my parents kept Joshua and Abby Kate. We left their house around noon and headed out to Opry Mills. We ate lunch at Chili's Too, shopped for clothes and exchanged a few things, saw the movie "Pursuit of Happyness", went to Books-A-Million and finished up the evening sharing a steak at Logans. We had so much fun! Thank you so much mommy and daddy!

I really don't know why I want to camp with the whole family. We passed by the exit for the Davy Crockett Campgrounds and I thought it would be fun. Who knows when this will happen. I debated on if we should do this before baby or after. I don't think that either will be better, but I think that I will try to go before the baby. Hopefully we will have a warm day sometime in March and it will be a lot of fun. HA HA! I just want to see if I can do it.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a picture of our family at Christmas. I hope that you all had a great one. We really enjoyed our time together. I think that the picture speaks for itself.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We converted Abby Kate's crib to a toddler bed tonight. Its been a little rough, but there's no turning back now.

Next week, potty training!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on keeping your 2006 resolutions! You did better than anyone I know of.

Good luck with potty training! Maybe you'll have some tips to share with all of us.

Happy New Year!

laura said...

Glad youall had a great Christmas. They are growing so fast. Looks like they were having fun. Great things in store for 2007. Good luck with the potty training. Just do what you think is best and do not listen to everyone else. You will get more advise then you want or need. If you want it just ask I am sure lots will share. Good Luck and Happy New Year!

Jason said...

Your camping trip wish cracks me up!

You did an awesome job with your Resolutions last year. I know the unbearable summer heat disrupted your walking, but you still did a great job. I'm all about more dates with you, too! Let's go!

laura said...

I forgot to tell you we have all of the camping equip. youall can borrow. That is one of our youngest ones favorite thing to do. We had been going every spring break but havn't for the last two years. It is fun but my back has a hard time sleeping on those mattresses. We do all of our cooking on the fire including biscuits. Good luck with it and I know you can do it. Lots of fun memories.