Sunday, January 21, 2007

I Placed An Ad




Full breed Cocker Spaniel, 6 yrs., male, buff, good family dog, Free to a good home.

Jason and I have been thinking about getting rid of Andy for some time now. We absolutely LOVE our Andy and don't want to see him go. With the upcoming addition of another Bybee baby and two year old twins, we have decided that we have enough mouths to feed. I feel so torn about giving Andy away. I called a few shelters and found out that they were either full or could not guarantee an adoption. I cannot bring myself to do that to our dog. This past week I called the local newspaper and decided to place an ad. Today I received two phone calls about the dog. Jason just spoke with one lady and she is coming over tomorrow night. She sounded really nice and wants an inside dog to stay with her aunt. This sounds perfect for Andy and hopefully it will work out. It makes me SO sad to think about not having Andy anymore. Realistically, we cannot give him the same amount of attention that we once could before we had the kids. I'm sure there will be tears, but I will be happy knowing that he is going to a great home and will receive the kind of care, attention and love that only a dog like him deserves.

5 comments:

mom23 said...

I so clearly remember when we were at that same point with our dog. Hugs to you. I can't imagine how emotional this must be fore you.

And I'm so sorry I haven't been staying current on your blog! Bloglines can't update the private blogs and I forget to go check them seperate from my regular reading time.

Jamey said...

I'm so sorry...such a tough decision. It does sound like a good opportunity for someone else to enjoy some cheer and love from a great animal!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

so sad. what a pretty dog! keep us updated. i hope he finds a good home

Unknown said...

Sunny,

I so wish we could take Andy but he would hate living with us since we are never home. I am sorry to hear that you guys are having to do this. I hope you find a great home for him--it sounds like you have some promising possibilities. On another note, I enjoyed our talk Wednesday night even though I was pretty late to class and Taylor wondered what happended to me;). I really appreciate your listening ears and willingness to pray.

Sunny said...

Tori,
I enjoyed our time together as well! I think that we now have a family of a couple of teenage girls coming to pick him up tomorrow. They are so excited about having him for their family pet. I feel happy that he will be going to a good home!