Monday, June 06, 2011

Speak Now, Help Now

Abby Kate and I had the opportunity to see Taylor Swift in concert on May 21st. We heard that Taylor Swift was actually opening her dress rehearsal to the public and that ALL the proceeds from ticket sales, merchandise, everything, would go to Tornado Victims. I was beyond thrilled to provide this opportunity to Abby Kate. She absolutely LOVES Taylor Swift and all of her concerts for this upcoming tour are completely sold out. I like to think of it like this - we were the first audience to see her tour! And, it was AMAZING! I've always enjoyed listening to Taylor Swift's music and she can really put on a show! She had 9 costume changes, the set was beautiful, and with each song - it was like watching it all play out, the special effects were incredible - her show was AWESOME!!! And Abby Kate LOVED every minute of it!

As a mother, I loved sharing with Abby Kate exactly why Taylor Swift was opening her dress rehearsal to an audience and what she doing with her proceeds from the concert. You have just a few moments in teaching your children when you can see where they really get what you are teaching them. This was one of those moments!

My dad was also able to go with us to the concert. He had a blast! Way back in the 6th grade, he took me to my very first concert - New Kids on the Block! The cool thing about it from my perspective is that my dad also got to take my daughter to her very first concert. All in all, it was a very special night for all 3 of us. I did get a little tickled when I looked over and saw his ears stuffed with ear plugs. Before the concert we met for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory! I think that the last time I had eaten there had been in high school. I'm always in the mood for Italian. Abby Kate, who is a macaroni and cheese snob, told me that she loved their mac!

Getting ready to head up to Nashville


All dressed up and ready to go see Taylor Swift in concert!


Dinner together at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Nashville


Abby Kate's first concert


Abby Kate and Paw Paw


Abby Kate can hardly wait for the concert to start! And, we all received a free t-shirt!


The quality is not the best, but here's Taylor Swift!


Amazing performance of  "Love Story" with Taylor Swift floating all over the audience in this balcony.

1 comment:

The HoneaBees said...

I almost took AA!! If I had known you were going, I would have! It looks like y'all had so much fun!
Awesome way to start a tour!