Monday, December 04, 2006

Just the Two of Us

This past Friday, Jason and I dropped the kids off at PawPaw and Nana's house to spend the night. We traveled out to the downtown area in Nashville and decided to eat dinner at one of our favorite pizza places - DaVinci's. We use to eat there all the time in college and enjoy any chance that we get to go back. We ate every single piece of our medium pizza. (Pizza has been my BIGGEST craving so far). When we finished our dinner we realized that we had about 2 hours before our concert. We had been warned that the Nashville Gas Company was having their Christmas Parade on Broadway (which is where the GEC is) and that the traffic would be bad. That was an understatement! It took us an hour to cruise 5 blocks!!!

Once inside the GEC we had a little less time to kill before seeing the Dixie Chicks. We walked around, got a few snacks and made it to our seats in time to see Pete Yorn, the opening act. He was good, but I was there to see the Chicks! Let me tell you, I was so excited when the Dixie Chicks opened. They truly are talented artists who love to sing. The concert was amazing! They sang over 20 songs and kept it so exciting and entertaining! These girls are not only singers, they are musicians as well. I am so happy that I got to see the Dixie Chicks live! (Thank you Jason!)

Jason and I stayed out in Nashville that night. It was nice being able to sleep in! We finished up our outing with a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We were excited to get back to the kids, but really enjoyed our time just as the two of us!

5 comments:

Jason said...

I'm glad you had fun. I had a blast, too. The concert was great, but the company was even better!

Jamey said...

Sounds like fun!!!! I know it was good to refresh your alone time battery.

mom23 said...

What fun! Someday we'll have to try this thing where you go out of town, over night, without kids. I just can't imagine.

Sunny said...

Jamey - Couldn't agree with you more! We are finding that we really need that time together here lately. The kids talk so much that we can not get a word in. We had a lot of catching up to do.

Tracy - Have you guys still not ever stayed away from the girls?

Samantha said...

Tim and I went to that concert too! It was so much fun! Some of my friends couldn't believe that we were going (you know, the liberal Dixie Chick thing) but I just love their music. We had a great time. We went the back way to the arena (Hermitage Avenue) so absolutely no traffic either!
Samantha