Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What Happened?

I created my blog as a way to keep in contact with my friends and family. I have really enjoyed keeping the blog as a journal of all of my thoughts. In case you have not noticed, I am crazy about pictures. Here lately, a lot of friends have gone private and I started to consider it as well. I realized that I have posted about all that is important in my life. Unfortunately, we live in a fallen world with lots of people that can bring about harm. I have always been careful about not mentioning when we were going out of town or when I would be home alone while Jason was out of town. What I have not watched closely is my name, husband's name, children's names, the city and state where I live, etc. It would not be that difficult for the wrong person to get a hold of that information and do something about it. (Call it the pregnancy hormones if you wish).

So, what brought about the private blog? Today, I was checking out my hits, and I noticed this "new" visitor. This person only clicked on the baby's ultrasound picture. I looked to see the amount of time this person spent looking at my blog and was shocked to find out that they had spent 20 hours!!!!!! As anyone could imagine, I did not feel good about this. I am a very drastic person and immediately searched blogger to find out how I could go private. It was much easier than I thought and I was allowed to choose who I would like to have access to my blog. I have talked with a few friends about this "visitor" and realize that maybe this person left the page pulled up and that's why it registered so many hours. Who knows? I feel much more comfortable about being in control of who gets to view my blog. I hope that you guys will continue to check in with us as I share about our lives.

If you know of anyone that likes to view my blog and did not get an invite, just leave me a comment and I will add them to the list.

12 comments:

Jason said...

I'm glad you made the switch. I know you'll feel a lot more comfortable with a private blog.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

good for you! At first when I switched over, i thought, awe now no one will read it, but the people that matter do, and the wierdos that just read and leave no comments, don't. (except some of my friends/family who are too scared toleave comments)

Jamey said...

As long as you feel safer that's what matter most!

Samantha said...

Hi Sunny. It's possible that your "mystery visitor" was me! I know I clicked on your ultrasound picture, but I know I clicked on some more posts but maybe that was the only picture I clicked on. I do know that I left it up a long time because I intended to go back to it later to create the log on to google, etc because it couldn't let me view everything as a "guest." So, hopefully it was me and it will make you feel better! I didn't know you were expecting again!! Congrats!!!!!! Samantha

Jason said...

Aha! The mystery visitor has been unmasked!

Hey Samantha!

Samantha said...

Hey Jason! This thing is addicting to read, especially when you're several months behind. I work from home now, and I'm SUPPOSED to be working right now.
I don't know if I'm the mystery visitor or not, but if it wasn't me, it was at least probably somebody that was doing something similar! Samantha

Sunny said...

It probably wasn't you Samantha! I'm glad that you are checking things out. I hope that things are going well for you. I really don't know who the mystery person was, but I feel much better about knowing who is reading my blog.

Sunny said...

Samantha - Just to make sure, I checked out my visitor's page and found out that it was not you! I think that it was someone here in Huntsville. I recently left a comment on another blog here and ever since then this random person has been checking things out. For some reason it really bothers me, only because I don't know who they are.

-Lane said...

Sunny,
After my random visitor the other day, maybe I should contemplate this.

And by the way, thanks for adding me to your links! I'm honored. I would add your name to mine, but as most people who read mine don't know you, they would not be able to read yours now. I think the move, especially with the small children, is a tremendous idea. There's a lot of freaks out there.

Oh yeah, and hey Samantha!! What's up!?

Samantha said...

OK, I know I posted while ago, but I can't see it, so I'll try to remember what I said and post again- sorry if you get this twice.
Hi Lane! I visited your blog after you sent the email a while back so I think I caught up on your whereabouts. I hope you got my long email updating you on my life since high school! (And the fact that we both have pets named Chloe but mine is a cat.)
Sunny and Lane (and Jason)-we all missed you guys at the reunion. Hopefully we can have a 15 year reunion?
I saw Mrs. MacPherson Monday night for the first time in 10 years. She was at one of my Arbonne parties! And Mr. Hackney's wife was there too- Carol I think.
Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that I'm not the mystery blogger! :)

mom23 said...

That is freaky! I do miss getting all the hits everyday but the comfort of knowing who my readers are is so much better. But for some reason I feel like I should blog more frequently. Do you?

Also, I have to go and check the private blogs individually, bloglines can't track the RSS feed. What a pain!

Love you, Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am recently visited your blog and find myself interested in your wonderful family life. I'm 23 years old, female, and LOVE spending time with family! I apologize if my presence on your site frightens you. I just really look forward to marriage and having children, so I enjoy reading about people who've already been blessed in that way. Have a blessed day,
Kai