Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Not For The Weakened Stomach

Today was a crazy day!!!

I was scheduled to host Bonco at my house tonight. Of course that meant that I spent all day yesterday cleaning my house, going to the store and getting a head start on all of the cooking that needed to get done. Unfortunately, Abby Kate woke up around 3:30 (Jason got up with her - isn't he such a sweet hubby!) and she slept on and off for the next couple of hours. (She has done really well without her pacies, but she usually ends up in bed with us in the wee hours of the morning). Around 5:00 Abby Kate began throwing up. Bless her little heart! She was such a trooper and we all finally got out of bed around 8:40. Abby Kate was sick for the whole morning. I called the doctor's office and they told us to use the Phenergan that we had from her last episode of being sick. She ended up throwing up around 10 times! She went down for a really good nap and I thought that maybe the bug was gone. I decided to cancel Bonco due to the circumstances. Jason headed on up to Nashville for his grad class while I remained behind to man the fort. After a few minutes of waking up from her nap, Abby Kate was back at it again. Over the course of the evening she threw up 3 more times. Hopefully the bug is gone and no one else in our house will get it!

What a day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooh bless her heart! sorry ab the bonco cancellation. I hope Abby Kate is back to her old mischevious self in no time. ;) I hat eit when little ones are sick!

Jamey said...

10 times is a lot for a little one...hope she's better soon!