Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My AM

This morning at 1:00, Joshua decided it best to wake up Abby Kate. They then proceeded as their dynamic duo to the kitchen to turn on the lights and find some breakfast. Seeing as how our bedroom is off of the kitchen, I was completely blinded by the bright lights and the noise of my two munchkins. Needless to say, I sent everyone back to bed. Abby Kate had a harder time calming back down since her good old womb mate decided to wake her up. I put up Joshua's baby gate (haven't done this in a good 8 months), so that he would not wake us up again.

What is up with the 1:00 AM wakings????

I watched Jon and Kate plus 8 last night. It is now one of my many DVR recordings. Thanks to all that mentioned it. One thing that I really loved about last nights episode was what I heard Kate say about multiples. They were able to go out and have some one on one time with their kids. When the kids were separated from their group, they were very reserved and quiet. I have seen the same thing with Joshua and Abby Kate. They are each other's security. They are also the other's audience. Here lately, we have been at a very challenging stage. They are wild! They feed off of each other constantly. They are either so giddy that they get to be so silly and rambunctios, or they are the worst of enemies and they resort to hitting, pushing, pinching or (on the rare occasion) biting. I am hoping that this is a small little stage and that the craziness of two three year olds will calm down. Here's hoping...

4 comments:

Jamey said...

I was up too...should have called to chat. ;)

I can't imagine being teamed up on. Avery's in a hair-tearing-out-stage right now, and couldn't imagine if there were two of her.

Bri Maharrey said...

Yeah!! I am glad that you came around to Jon and Kate ;) I love it and especially for those that have multiples I am sure it does have more meaning or have things that make you think about why yours are doing certain things. Here is to hoping that is not repeated again any time soon!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

That's so funny about Joshua waking Abby Kate up and going to get some breakfast! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, though. It'll be interesting to see what kinds of things my kids start doing once they're able to get up out of bed by themselves. I do love Jon and Kate plus 8. It makes my life seem calm! Ha! :) My kids haven't gotten to the point where I see a huge difference when they are alone, but they're not alone a whole lot at this point. I have a friend that has triplets and she would say the same thing about hers that you were saying. She has 2 girls and a boy...1 of the girls and her boy are both very strong willed. They would nag at each other and feed off of each other. Whenever they were apart, she said they were like different children...calm and peaceful. I know the 2 and 3 age is a trying time. I'm coming into that time as well. We just gotta hang on!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

oh girl...my prayers are with you!!!