Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bye Bye Curls...Maybe

Joshua's curly hair is a bit out of control. Jason is actually beginning to like this look, but it is beginning to drive me crazy! Time for our little boy to get a trim!



After much debate, I have scheduled an appointment for Abby Kate to get a TRIM. I told my hairdresser that I might totally chicken out and not let her come near Abby Kate's golden curls. As of right now, I feel okay about the whole situation. It's just hair! Tomorrow I will be strong and let my little girl have her first haircut or trim. I might get really brave and just let the hairdresser do her own thing. I might want a detailed description of every strand of hair that she will touch with the scissors; only to back out.

I am actually pretty excited about this. I figure that if I postpone the haircut, it will only make it more difficult down the road. I will be strong. I will not cry. I will take lots of pictures. I will keep every curl. It will be a great day!

_______________

Some other news....

Our dear friends Jon and Stacy welcomed their baby girl into the world this morning. Jordan Page weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20" long. You can check out Jon's blog for updated pictures. Abby Kate and Joshua are so excited about their new friends, Will and Jordan. They still have another friend coming in September.

I am really excited about our new ladies Bible class at church on Wednesday nights. We will be studying the life of David - "A Man After God's Own Heart". The room was packed with more than 100 women ready to learn more about the life of David. I think that the classes and "homework" will be very encouraging to me. As any mother will tell you; its hard to carve out that time to spend with God. I desperately need to find time to spend with my Lord daily.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Who are you kidding? You know you're gonna cry...
Don't worry, I'll be right there with you, bawling my eyes out. I don't want to see those curls go!

Jamey said...

Don't let the hairdresser do her own thing...give details!

Wish I was there for class Wednesday nights. :(

Unknown said...

Don't do it. Joshua's curls look good sticking out from his Card's hat. Leave 'em in. After all you might cut them out and their hair won't grow back curly but STRAIGHT. Only trim the split ends.