Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Joy



Joshua and Abby Kate fill my life with so much joy! They are at such a fun age. (I feel like I say that with every stage). I have been able to soak up each and every moment over the past two years. Joshua and Abby Kate are always talking, giving kisses and hugs, and singing The Wheels on the Bus and the ABC's.

Abby Kate loves to play with her baby doll (her birthday gift from Avery). She also LOVES the color yellow! Joshua is passionate about ball (baseball, basketball and football) and his Cardinal's baseball hat! They are very aware of each other. Anytime that they are apart, the other one is constantly talking about their bubba or sissy. Joshua always makes sure that Abby Kate has a toy in her hands; if not, he is quick to find one for her. Abby Kate loves to cheer for Joshua. She is very encouraging to him (especially at the dinner table). It has been so amazing to watch the relationship between the two of them.

I am blessed to be their momma!

7 comments:

laura said...

So sweet. I am glad you are enjoying all of the stages. I really did too. There isn't one that I didn't other than colic, but it made me appreciate the rest of the years. I thought about you tonight with the article in the paper about babies signing. It is catching on big. Youall are incredible parents. I wish I could turn back and do some things diff. even though we are blessed beyond belief with wonderful girls. I love every stage too. Even now is fun. Having fun watching them going through high school together. Jamie is not enjoying alot of people coming up to her thinking she is May. Of course May loves it. We were stopped in the mall and someone asked if they were twins. Jamie just rolls her eyes. We keep telling her she will love it when she gets older. Keep on enjoying it passes so quickly.

Sunny said...

The days of colic were horrible! Both of mine had it at the same time!
Signing has been wonderful for us. It really cuts down on the fussiness of an infant. Babies can start communicating with you around 6 - 8 months, but are frustrated because they can not say words. We started using signs with them when they were 6 months and they used them for the first time when they were 8 months. Jason and I do not sign with them much now (since they can talk), but we still find them using their signs when they talk to us. It really is neat. I always encourage anyone with an infant to start sign language with their child. It is so easy and is of great benefit for the child and parent.

Jamey said...

Those pictures are great! Your two bundles of joy are so much fun.

mom23 said...

They are so cute!! I can't believe how big they look!

Jason said...

You're a great mommy. I know this is your greatest joy. It shows.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

that is so sweet! I think that is precious how they are so sweet to each other! and the word bubba is so cute.

jenna said...

That is adorable!! Those pictures...Sunny, those kids are just beautiful!! Those smiles... Joshua looks so handsome with that big smile and wavy hair! And Abby Kate in those pigtails... I miss your family!!!