Monday, August 28, 2006

Our Trip to the County Fair

On Friday, Jason and I loaded up the van and drove up to Lebanon. My parents had invited us up to go to the Wilson County Fair. Friday evening we all loaded up in our van and headed over to the fairgrounds. My mom and dad kept the kids entertained the whole way there riding in the seat behind them.

Abby Kate and Joshua were so amazed with all of the sights and sounds of all that the fair had to offer. Joshua and Abby Kate saw the cows - moo! Jason and I ran into several of our friends from high school. We took the kids into the petting zoo. They had a slew of goats and lamas and even one very large camel. One goat was a little too friendly to Abby Kate! He really scared her and she cried until we left. After seeing all of the goats, we ventured to the next attraction - potbellied pigs that actually raced!

My dad and Jason decided to take a turn on the old "Zipper". I think that it was a little too much for my dad! My mom and I rode my all time favorite - "The Scrambler". Abby Kate and Joshua rode their first ride while at the fair. Jason and I took them on the carousel. They loved it so much that we had to do it again! Before we left, we decided to watch a little demolition derby!

Abby Kate and Joshua were treated to ice cream and even some cotton candy. Abby Kate loved the cotton candy, but Joshua was pretty grossed out by the texture.

We had so much fun with my family at the county fair!

On Saturday, we visited with Richard and Tara. It had been a while since we last saw them. Later that afternoon, we all went swimming at the Floyd Life Center. Abby Kate and Joshua really love to swim, so they had a blast at the pool.

4 comments:

Kenny Simpson said...

Did they have a petting zoo? That is my favorite thing at the fairs.

-Lane said...

Hey, who all did you see from high school?

Sunny said...

Lane, we ran into Nicole Bond, Tracy and Karen Buell, Jennifer Barrett, Kevin Summar, Brandon Nelson, Greg Sloan and Alyssa Sloan. We only talked to Nicole and Greg.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

awe that sounds like so much fun!!! the fair is one of my fave childhood memories. my dad would take the whole fam alot and it was something we got so excited about!!