Saturday, August 19, 2006

Please RETURN shopping carts HERE!


How many times have you been to the store, only to find the parking lot littered with shopping carts?

Today, Jason and I made our weekly run to Wal-Mart. We quickly searched the parking lot for a vacant spot. We found it: the premiere parking spot - aisle closest to the door, 3rd spot (after the two handicapped spots). Jason quickly wheeled the van into the slot before anyone else could snatch it from us, only to come to an abrupt stop. Now we could see why this spot was vacant: someone had left their buggy right there in the middle of this beautiful parking spot. I had to get out of the van to go and move it so we could fit in.

A few questions come to mind...

Why do people not return their shopping carts?

Why do they feel the need to leave their buggy right beside my van?

Why can people not walk the 25 feet from their car to return their buggy?

Why do some people walk the 25 feet to return their buggy, and then leave it on the outside of the shopping cart return?

Why do people walk the 25 feet to return their shopping cart, and then not even push their buggy into the return?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unlike most, I always return my shopping cart. I have never understood how someone could be so lazy as to leave their buggy stranded in the parking lot.

So, what about you? Are you a shopping cart returner? If not, shame on you! Next time, return your buggy to the shopping cart return!

6 comments:

Jamey said...

I think it's funny watching someone who is trying to place the cart 'just right' on the corner where all the surrounding parking space lines meet so it will be equi-distance from all the cars and not roll. After they pull away, the wind puffs and the cart smashes into an innocent nearby vehicle anyway.

Jason said...

Before I married Sunny, I never put the shopping carts up. But after seeing how much it bothers her, I've turned over a new leaf. You make me a better person, baby...

Jason said...

I also put my socks in the dirty clothes hamper now. Oh the ways you've changed me, woman.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I used to say there are two people in this world: the ones who return their shopping carts and the ones who do not..and then I would return my shopping cart. THEN I BECAME A MOM. Desperate to pull away before some thug grabs my child and I and before aiden dies of heat exhasution and before someone rams me out of my space, I leave the cart for someone else to get. (unless I am close enough) sorry.

Anonymous said...

I echo supablogga. I want to put my car away. But sometimes, if I'm alone with all 3 children, I'm fortunate to get all the groceries in the car, much less put the buggy away.

Rebecca said...

Sunny, you are not alone. "Lost" shopping carts are one of my biggest retail peeve...that and finding a really cute pair of shoes on sale, only to find out the ONE size ten they ordered is not there anymore. Come on people, you could get a lot more business, if you just catered to tall people with big feet!

Oh, sorry, digressed a little. back to buggy's. I suppose I can give the mothers toting numerous kids around a slight break on this one, but what if the return thingy is right beside your car/van? I lose all sympathy on that one.