Friday, August 25, 2006

So I've Been Tagged

My friend Jon "tagged" me the other day. Basically you answer these questions, post them to your blog and then "tag" 5 others to post their answers to the same questions on their blog. I've never done this before, but here goes:

1. One book that changed your life:
Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. My good friend Alisha let me borrow this book. It helped me rely more on God and rely on myself less. Taught me to take a deep breath and allow God to be in control.

2. One book that you've read more than once:
Double Duty by Christina Baglivi Tinglof. I'm constantly referring to this book, a practical guide to raising twins.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
The Bible. Maybe then I'd have my quiet time!

4. One book that made you laugh:
Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. I read this one while I was pregnant. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everybody (language, etc.).

5. One book that made you cry:
The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks. Any book by Nicolas Sparks makes me cry. This was the first one of his that I read.

6. One book you wish had been written:
A book about all the questions that I need answered in raising twins.

7. One book you wish had never been written:
Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins. "One hand, Two hands, Drumming on a drum, Dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum..." You try reading this 50 times a day and tell me it's not annoying.

8. One book you're currently reading:
The Strong Willed Child by James Dobson. Just trying to get a better grasp on my two strong willed children.

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel. As if I haven't been reading enough books on parenting...

10. Tag five others:
Tara, Jenna, Tracy, Rebecca, Lucy. I'd love to hear your answers!

4 comments:

Jason said...

I hate Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb. Really, anything by Seuss is just annoying.

Surprisingly, I like Giggles with Daddy though. Probably has something to do with the content!

I expected to see He Is Faithful by Cymbala's wife on here somewhere.

You put me to shame with all the parenting books you read. I'm relying on you to raise our kids! (Just kidding!)

laura said...

We read Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb many many times. I just laughed when I read this. That is great.

jenna said...

You got it Sunny. I have made my newest post! :)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

very intersesting!