Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'll Always Be A FORD Girl

In 1957, my grandfather started work at the Ford Motor Company. 19 years later, my daddy began his work out at the Ford Motor Company. My grandfather worked 40 years for Ford and retired in 1997. In a very real way, Ford has taken care of our family. I was taught growing up that we only drive Fords. I remember the day that Jason pulled into my driveway to pick me up for a date in his Honda Accord and the look on my daddy's face. After a few months of marriage, Jason's Honda was traded in for his Ford Ranger. Since turning 16, I have had a Mustang, a Contour, a Taurus, and now, we currently own a Freestar MiniVan. I really don't see myself ever purchasing anything but a Ford. I was brought up to appreciate the hard work that Americans put into making their vehicles.

The other night before Bunko, I was making dinner for Jason and the kids, while watching the NBC Nightly News. The leading story was about the bailout for the Big 3 Automakers here in Amercia. I was saddened to hear of the potential job losses if these Big 3 go under. You see, to me, this is the company that has supported and provided for my family. There will be millions of job losses if these companies go under. Everything that my daddy has worked for since 1976 could be lost!

For me, this is personal. And that is why, I'll always be a FORD girl!!!

1 comment:

Scott Monty said...

Thanks for your undying support for Ford. We're confident that we're poised to succeed, thanks to careful planning and lots of sacrifices. It's been tough, but we know we'll get through it.

In the next week or so, we'll be launching a site that will help people share our story. I hope you'll stay tuned.

Scott Monty
Global Digital Communications
Ford Motor Company

P.S. My wife is a big Bunko fan! :)