Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Spilled Milk and Broken Glass

I don't know what has come over my children this past week. Every day of this past week, we have had someone knock over a glass of milk. I don't get it! My kids have been out of sippy cups for well over a year now and we have had maybe 5 milk spills since. But not this week! No, this week, we have spilled so many cups of milk that it makes me want to go back to the sippy cups! I'm getting tired of cleaning up the milk spills.

I also have a toddler that is "busy"! I'm constantly cleaning up some kind of a mess. I don't even have to begin to tell you all what he has gotten himself into these past few months! Well, the child now has a desire to break all things sentimental. He has broken vases by throwing them on the tile floor. The other afternoon I was getting out some of my old figurines from when I was a child and he immediately picked up one and threw it down on the carpet (in turn, hitting the computer chair). My doll figurine that I have had since I was 7, was broken in half. Just awhile ago, I decided to clean the kid's bathroom (only taking 5 minutes). I come out to find one of my glass goblets to my fine china broken into tiny pieces! I am exhausted and frustrated! I remember Joshua and Abby Kate going through this same stage, but not to this extent! I am with him 24/7, but I just can't keep up! HELP!!!

6 comments:

Jason said...

Hang in there!

I know Jackson is at that age where he's into everything. As my mother used to say, "This too shall pass!" But I'm like you; I'm ready for him to grow out of this little phase.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry so much of your sentimental stuff is being broken. That just stinks. I really think you've got a special reward waiting for you. You deal with so much on a daily basis. If you ever need a break, I'm sure my dogs would make him too tired to get into anything ; )

Ashleigh

one BleSSed gal! said...

Whoever said "there's no use crying over spilled milk" obviously never had to clean up all the messes--I bet a man came up with that one :-)

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I can relate, Sunny. I think Noah and Jackson could destroy a house pretty quick if we put them together. Noah has broken a few things of mine that I never dreamed he would be able to get to and break, but he has. Surely we'll survive, won't we? I'm kinda thinking we'll stick to the sippy cups for a good long while. :)

kyllie said...

I can sympathize! Sara has hit the terrible two's in full swing! And now on top of that, for the past week she has refused to lay down in her bed and go to sleep. I guess the good thing to remember is that they will grow out of it, of course sooner than later would be great!

chesley said...

Spilling drinks totally frustrates me. I know Grant should be out of cups with lids by now, but every time I try it, he plays with the cup & spills it. I do not have time to deal with that all day, so I just go back to the other.

It will get better I'm sure. I'm afraid my little girl is going to be just like Jackson!!