Monday, November 24, 2008

Sleeping Buddies

When I was pregnant with Joshua and Abby Kate, Joshua was on my left side in my ribs and Abby Kate occupied my right side. She was quite the mover and I could often feel her bottom on my right side. She loved snuggling right up next to Joshua.

During the first five months, we kept Joshua and Abby Kate in the same crib. We would always find them sleeping the same way. Both babies were placed on opposite ends of the bed and when we would go in to get them up, Abby Kate was always turned in to Joshua. I tend to think that this is how they snuggled up in my belly. They always snuggled together and it just melted my heart.


This past weekend, we spent some time up in Lebanon visiting my parents and celebrating an early Thanksgiving with Jason's family. One night before I headed off to bed, I peeked my head into the bedroom that Joshua and Abby Kate were sharing. I didn't quite know what do when I saw these two snuggled up together. My mind was flooded with so many memories of those first months with the twins. They definitely have such a special and unique bond.



Oops, looks like I woke someone up! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Some things never change! I hope you guys had a great weekend.

jenna said...

That is absolutely precious! I think it is such a sweet little detail that we can see of what God has done/is doing/will do in them.

Anonymous said...

This is so precious. I love the "then" and "now" pictures. It melts my heart too.

Jamey said...

That is so neat. The pictures are almost identical...give or take a few years!

laura said...

I love this. They def. have a special bond. Cannot wait to see them in the wedding.

chesley said...

Precious! It's so neat that they have that bond!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

How precious! :)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

that is so sweet! I love babes when they're that size and all snuggly.