Thursday, July 27, 2006

Is Abby Kate getting a mullet?

Abby Kate and her curly hair. (When her hair is wet, it falls at Minnie Mouse's nose!!!)

I am actually considering cutting Abby Kate's tight curls. Her hair has really grown in the past few months. I love the curls! Mommas love for their little girls to have cute little curls.

I honestly had never even considered cutting her hair until a couple of months ago. Jason and I took Joshua in to get his monthly haircut. My hairdresser asked if I wanted her to trim up Abby Kate's hair. I quickly told her no! She doesn't need a hair cut. Wouldn't that make all of her curls go away? At first, my hairdresser said that she thought that Abby Kate would keep the curls, but then quickly changed her mind. They might actually go away! Does she really need a haircut?

I am afraid that the curl will be lost. (Even though I thought the same thing about Joshua's hair, yet, the curl will not go away!) Her hair will be so much shorter. Is that the end of pony tails and piggy tails? Will I like her new do?

Her hair might be more manageable. It might be cuter (it would actually have a purposeful shape). The curls might stay!

My action plan: I think that I will get it cut! I will take lots of pictures. I will save those tight curls. I will not be one of those mothers who cries!

So, is Abby Kate getting a mullet? Should I cut those tight golden curls? Tell me what you think!

17 comments:

Jamey said...

If you feel you want to go for a cut, I would definately just start with a trim..I wouldn't do anything drastic.

When I see little bob haircuts on girls, it's cute, but it's almost too grown up. I love it when little girls can be little girls. Like back in the old days where they didn't cut it until they were 12 or something. Call me old fashioned, but my favorite is long hair on little ones.

Avery's hair is very thin, and I'm afraid to lose her curls as well, but it almost seems 'fuzzy' on the ends. So, I've been wondering about a trim for her.

You'll have to let us know how Abby Kate's turns out!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yeah just trim. too cute for a shirley temple, just in case you dont come out with a shirley temple but a bowl cut like my mom used to make me wear...

mom23 said...

Eh, its almost fall. I have this thing: Short in summer, grow it out in the winter. Summer will be over soon, so I say keep growing it until it becomes a problem.

Unknown said...

All business in the front and party in the back.....


Let it grow.

Jason said...

I say we go G.I. Jane with her hair.

Kenny Simpson said...

I wouldn't cut it. Nothing better than a little girls hair.

Sunny said...

Okay, now I feel like I should not cut it!

If I did cut it, I think it would only be a trim. I am afraid that it is seriously starting to look like a mullet.

My hairdresser insisted that she needed one. Is it really that bad?

TARA said...

Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow.........

I have regretted cutting Hope's locks ever since I did it.

Jamey said...

You're going to have to go with your gut feeling on this one. I don't think a small trim would do damage. Trims always keep hair healthier and make it grow faster anyway.

Jason said...

The hair cuttin' woman is just trying to drum up some more business. Of course, SHE'S telling you AK needs a hair cut. That's like a crack dealer saying you need a fix.
Or a preacher saying you need Jesus.
Resist the urge!

Unknown said...

what kid has a hairdresser? Sounds like a 'diva' in the making...

Stacy says she 'apologizes' for making you paranoid about AK's "mullet".

Jason said...

AK's attorney called and warned us to stop slanderizing her client.

Thanks a lot, Stacy.

Sunny said...

Jon, you know that all of this is Stacy's fault.

Unknown said...

I was catching her up on the latest 'blogging' and told what the buzz was at the moment and she told me it was her fault.

Kenny Simpson said...

AK and Avery need to keep those innocent curls as long as possible. That way Jason and I can keep thinking of them as little girls. A cute "bob" cut is one giant step closer to womanhood.

Jason said...

Exactly, Kenny. I don't want to think about our girls growing up. It's weird...I don't feel that way about Joshua. I guess it's just a thing about Daddy's and their daughters.

jenna said...

I say let it grow... even if it were to be a little mullety for a little while.. that's nothing some cute ponytails and bows can't fix... imagine the long, beautiful curls... My vote: let it grow for a while longer. :)

Thanks for commenting on my blog!! I miss you all!