Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Leviticus and Ezekiel

I am a little upset right now. Just a few minutes ago, I was trying to get a few things done around the house. I thought the kids were okay seeing as how our whole house is baby proofed. When I was finished reconciling the bank statement, I went to the back to check on Joshua and Abby Kate. Then, there in the hallway, lay my Bible. This Bible is my newest. I received it as my birthday gift a couple of years ago. Joshua and Abby Kate had ripped out Leviticus 13 - 20 and Ezekiel 32 - 40. I am so upset! Do I get a new Bible? Do I enjoy the "character" that my Bible just received from my children? When will I stop feeling upset over this?

I have once again left the kids alone for a few minutes to write this. I wonder what has been destroyed now?

8 comments:

Jason said...

You're in big trouble. I think I remember something about adding to or taking away from the Word of God. Since our kids haven't reached the age of accountability yet (which everyone knows is the age of 12), I think that leaves you as a parent responsible for their actions. Tsk, tsk, tsk....

Just kidding. Nobody reads Leviticus and Ezekiel anyway.

Kenny Simpson said...

Aren't those chapters in Leviticus the part about "being with" animals and mothers-in-law and other gross things. I think they were trying to take out the "R" rated parts of the bible for them to be able to read it.

Sunny said...

Geniuses!

Unknown said...

I guess we will skip Ezekiel's story after we finish Nehemiah's. Jason does raise an interesting question about 'adding to and taking away'. My bible is missing part of Proverbs 31. Lawson tore it out. Hmmm.

Jamey said...

I bet your heart sunk when you saw that.

...maybe they were having a Bible study and didn't agree on a topic that they came across, and it just got out of hand.

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it. We've been tearing out portions of scripture we don't really like for centuries. Your kids are ahead of the curve.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

okay okay i know its not funny to you now....but maybe someday it will be? and I sure am laughing! ha!

TARA said...

This is only the begining!