Thursday, July 24, 2008

Swimming

I headed up to Nashville to spend some time with my parents Tuesday evening. The kids love their Nana and PawPaw so much and I realized the other day that we had not been up to see them all summer long. I got to my parent's house around 9:30 Tuesday night. It took quite awhile for everyone to calm down for bed. I think that we were all so excited to see each other. We finally went to bed about 11:30 late Tuesday night.

Yesterday we spent the day in the pool! Can I just tell you how proud I am of my little kids! My parents had bought the kids these little "Learn to Swim" swimsuit with floaties. (I don't really know how to best describe it. It was a swimsuit and float-suit all in one. Pretty cool!) When Abby Kate got in, she found her swim ring and started kicking all around the pool by herself. Joshua started out his morning on the steps. I eventually pulled him on out into the water and he found his swim ring and started kicking all around the pool by himself. At one point, I asked Joshua if he wanted to jump in to his PawPaw and he said yes. Well, once I got him out and told him to jump, he didn't budge. I picked him up and "helped" him jump to my dad. He absolutely LOVED it!!! After that, we decided to see if he could "swim" all by himself. Guess what? He did!!! Joshua spent the rest of his time in the pool swimming and jumping in all by himself! Before we went in for lunch, he swam from the end of the 3 foot area to the stairs!!! I am so proud of him! Abby Kate had a lot of fun kicking her way around the pool in her swim ring, but before the day was over, she was swimming with the noodle.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ya'll will have to come over to our pool next week so they can show Michael and Ryan how to swim. They've gotten the jumping in down pat but aren't too sure about venturing out on their own too much. Hope ya'll have a good rest of your visit!!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Swimming is an excellent skill to learn. Glad they are having so much fun.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

What big kids! I bet it sure does make it more fun and enjoyable when you don't have to hold all of them. :) Glad ya'll have had a good time!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are having a great time in Nashville! I am so glad your kids are loving the pool. It sure makes it easier for you to enjoy it too I bet!